Specialist in the restoration & sympathetic rebinding of Antiquarian books.
Presentation, Design & Fine bindings. Authors Copies bound, Thesis Binding, Book Conservation, Map & Archive Documents, Storage Boxes, Gold Tooling, Leather covered antiques & desktops. Periodical binding in Buckram. Grant work undertaken.
Qualifications, Colleges and Placements:
- BA (Hons.) Conservation (Books & Archives)
- Certificate in Fine Bookbinding and Paper Conservation (Guildford)
- City & Guilds of London Institute Advanced Craft Certificate
- City & Guilds of London Institute Basic Craft Certificate
|1975 - 1977||Brighton Polytechnic (Faculty of Art & Design)|
|1977 - 1979||The London College of Printing|
|1982 - 1983||West Dean College (various Short Courses)|
|1993 - 1995||Guildford College of Technology|
|1996 - 1998||The Camberwell College of Arts (The London Institute)|
|1998||2 Week Professional Placement in the Conservation Department, Bodleian Library, Oxford.|
- Liaison with client and Calligrapher for the design of a Presentation Book for the late HM Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.
- Bound and covered Damask embroidered book to commemorate the Enthronement Service of the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. George Carey in 1993.
- Repair of antiquarian books from the Library of the Royal Yacht Squadron, Cowes and the Royal Friends of Osborne, Osborne House, Isle of Wight.
- Commissioned to design and produce the binding of two Burma Star Association Branch Rolls of Honour for Memorial Services and permanent display. (The Isle of Wight and Bedford & District Branches). Various presentation bindings for both the private and public sectors.
- Designed and produced a hand bound, leather covered Tribute Book for the FDNY (Fire Department of New York) dedicated to the fallen Firefighters of 9/11. The book is now on permanent display in the FDNY Training School Library, Randall's Island, Manhattan.
- Repair and refurbishment of Charles Dickens First Edition bindings from Cameron House Books, Dimbola Lodge, Freshwater Bay, Isle of Wight.
- Designed and produced three leather Fine Bindings for private collector of Tolkein's " Lord of the Rings" Trilogy.
- ICON (Institute of Conservation) Book and Paper Group
- Society of Bookbinders (London & South Region)
- Designer Bookbinders (Associate)
- English Heritage